Lush-a-holic

Somebody call Lush-a-holics anonymous because ya girl is an addict.

Walking into a Lush store is like walking into a gloriously scented Candyland for beauty lovers. Colorful products line the walls as sales associates happily greet you. The workers are quick to strike up a conversation about your cool hat, new tattoo, or your luscious locks and before you know it you feel as if they're your long lost BFF. Deciding what to touch, smell and sample first can be overwhelming because you find yourself literally wanting to see it all. Luckily, the sales associates are there to help, offering product demos and plenty of advice to help you discover which products you want to take home (and if you're nice they'll throw in plenty of samples to sweeten the deal).

Almost immediately after entering the store for the first time I had a feeling I'd be hooked. Luckily, Lush is a store I can feel good about supporting because all of their products are made with ethical ingredients, minimal packaging and are always cruelty-free.


If you're a Lush novice like me and are looking for advice look no further! Here are a few products I either bought or sampled that I really enjoy.

Rose Lollipop Lip Balm
Because one can never have enough lip gloss, Rose Lollipop is a wonderful product to add to your collection. This product packs in moisture and smells great too.


Deep Sleep Shower Jelly
Do you like things that smell amazing? Are you intrigued by the amusing wiggle of Jell-o? If you said yes to one of or both of these questions Lush's Deep Sleep Jelly could be for you!

This product is literally a nicely packaged gelatin-like body cleanser that's super fun to use. I rub the entire thing on my body while in the shower, but was told you can also tear pieces apart and use it that way. As I mentioned above this product smells 100 percent amaze-ballz with hints of lavender and chamomile. I can't attest to the product improving one's quality of sleep as I haven't noticed any dramatic results, but the experience is definitely relaxing.


Lemony Flutter
This product is hands down fantastic. As a recovering nail-biter, I'm always looking for ways to strengthen and improve my nail health. With this in mind, I was pleased to stumble upon Lemony Flutter, Lush's cuticle cream.

I've been using Lemony Flutter for about a week now and my nails already feel smoother and stronger. Although I've only been using the product for a short amount of time I have great faith in its abilities based on the endless raving reviews online. And yes, this product smells 5-star fab too. 


Elbow Grease
If you have tattoos and want to pamper your inked skin Lush's Elbow Grease will do the trick. The product was designed to moisturize and keep tattoos looking vibrant and so far I have no complaints!


Shampoo Bar
When I say shampoo bar imagine a bar of soap, but for your hair. That's literally what these things are. I was curious to try one but too nervous to buy a full sized product without knowing the results. Luckily, the ever-so-kind sales associates were quick to offer me a small sample of the shampoo and I was blown away with my results.

The bar I sampled is called "Montalbano", it's very citrusy and designed to give your hair a healthy shine. Upon using the product I was pleased to find that it lathered nicely and was easy to spread around my scalp. The end result, squeaky clean hair. And when I say squeaky clean, I mean squeaky clean, this stuff works great for every other day use, but I would discourage using it as a daily shampoo and please, don't pull it through to your ends.


Ro's Argon Lotion and Soap
I'm always looking for a moisturizer that has the power to quench my dry legs post-shave. That being said, I can gladly report that Ro's Argon lotion goes on thick and is crazy hydrating. I loved my sample of this stuff so much that I went back to the store after payday to buy the full size and to my delight, I was provided a sample of the Ro's Argon soap too. The soap has the same delicious rosy smell and makes skin feel soft and luxurious.


Scrubee
Who doesn't love a good exfoliator? Scrubee smells sweet like honey and has just the right amount of grit with added coconut shell to banish dead skin cells for good.


Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
If you're looking for a gentle exfoliant and love smelling like a beachy, sun-kissed goddess the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub is a good option. This product is less abrasive than Scrubee but still leaves skin feeling soft and clean. I like using it to gently polish my tattoos and the back of my arms.


So, folks, the verdict is in, I'm addicted to Lush. At least I can feel good knowing I'm supporting a company with good morals and great products. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City