Appleton Action

Upon looking through my past posts and realized I like to write about things to do in different places and cities. Then it dawned on me, why not blog about some notable stops in my hometown Appleton, Wisconsin. Sure, as a local Appleton may not be the most exciting place in the world to me, but this little city really does have a lot to offer!

See below for my favorite foods and sights in Appleton WI:


The Monkey Bar:

The Monkey Bar is my favorite place to go out on College Avenue. Monkey Bar offers a wide variety of scrumptious specialty cocktails and they have a pretty ballin' happy hour with cheap brews and such. Many spots on College Ave are great for dancing, but what I like most about this spot is how quiet and laid back it is, sometimes you just want to have a good conversation.




Cleo's:

I feel like I can't write a post about Appleton without mentioning Cleo's. This bar is a local legend with some truly unique decor. Fair warning though, Cleo's is almost always packed to the brim. The only drink I've ever had the pleasure of sampling here is called "the dirty snowball" and it was pretty darn good.





Nakashima's or Kat Su Ya:

These two are linked together because they are owned by the same people and are pretty much the same restaurants but on different sides of town. This is where you go if you want awesome hibachi and outstanding sushi. Bonus: spectacular paintings of sumo wrestlers and awkward bear statues! Are you curious yet? You'll just have to check it out for yourself!





Antojitos Mexicanos:

Antojitos is fairly new when it comes to businesses downtown Appleton. However, this restaurant has easily become one of my favorite places to eat when I'm home. Antojitos captures the cali-mex feel perfectly. Their dishes are fun and fresh plus they have ginormo margaritas that are sure to get the party started.




The Fox River Mall:

Boy oh boy, do people love the Fox River Mall. To me, the mall is no big deal since I grew up always having it there. However, I used to be a hairstylist who worked at the mall and come the holiday's everyone and their Grandma was there. Based on the random people I would survey it seems Appleton's mall is something glorious to behold!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City