2 Ingredient Cakes

Cake Talk.

That's right ladies and gents you read that headline correctly. I'm talking 2 ingredient cakes! 2 ingredients, no more, no less! Who could deny such a beautiful thing?

I'm not sure if I've digressed quite enough to make it clear to everyone how much I love cakes, ice cream or anything relatively dessert like and delicious. So, this is me telling you that I LOVE treats! You can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon the idea of two ingredient cakes. First off, you only have to buy two things to make it so they're cheap, secondly all of the recipes boast how these cakes are somehow healthier for you due to the lack of ingredients. I'm not sure if I'm buying their claims but hey, I'll take it!

Our first recipe is one that I know to be tried and true...

Pineapple Angel Food Cake!

All that you need is angel food cake mix and a can of diced pineapples. If you're an overachiever like me you should also invest in some whipped cream because, consuming angel food cake without whipped cream is pretty much a crime. Then you literally dump the two into a mixing bowl, give er' a stir, pour the mixy-mix into a pan and throw it in the oven! It's seriously that easy!


pinterest.com

The mix gives off a tangy sweet flavor, I may or may not have licked the bowl clean upon preparation. If you're like I was you might be skeptical of this flavor combination but it's actually really good! My husband described the texture of the cake to be kinda like biting into cake mixed with raisins. Once again... you might be thinking WTF, no. However, I assure you this cake is actually delightful!

Next up we have 2 ingredient Devils Food cake!

This cake still remains a mystery to me, I will actually be crafting one this afternoon so this blog post may be a bit premature but hey, I like to live life on the edge.

Ingredients: Devils Food cake mix (ultra moist edition) and 1 cup worth of plain Greek yogurt, you also need 1 cup of water.

Ok, technically this one requires "3" ingredients if you count water, but water is free so no pain no gain.

hy-vee.com

Once again, you literally dump all this stuff together and bake it up! I plan on incorporating chocolate frosting and some sprinkles just to get extra fancy with things.

Disclaimer: As mentioned above I have not yet concocted this cake and cannot yet guarantee its level of deliciousness. Seriously though, this is just chocolate on chocolate on chocolate, I think things will be ok.

Bake On! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City