Biker Babe

Welcome to today's edition of J Buege's makeup emporium. As always said product is 100% cruelty-free! Can I get a cheer from the bunnies in the back!

Anywhoo, it was time for me to restock on some of my face paint and I found myself at Ulta. I arrived meaning to exchange some foundation that was too warm for my pasty doll-like skin. However, one does not simply enter Ulta and leave empty handed. After a half hour of browsing I was struggling to hold all the goodies I collected. 

As you may or may not already be well aware Ulta is stocked wall to wall with glorious products. Ranging from drugstore-esque to high-end goodness. I'm always tempted by the fancy-scmancy stuff but I end up leaving with a basket full of bargains. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate at heart. But hey, some of the cheaper stuff is just as good in my opinion! Especially when it comes to cruelty-free options! 

This time around I got sucked into the wonderful world of NYX. These are my findings thus far...

Liquid Suede Metallic Matte, Biker Babe: 
So this was a little misleading. The swatch in the store showed the shade as a warm brownish/orange color. However, upon application this stuff is prettyyyy dark. Luckily, I lean on the spooky side of things and don't mind. Not to mention the color is true to the name, you do feel like a B.A. Biker Babe. As for durability, this stuff is on par! It does require a little clean-up throughout the day but no major complaints here!


Shine Killer: 
Apparently my skin and oil glands had a meeting and forgot to fill me in on the verdict because one day my face decide to get oily AF. I tried various techniques to cope with my newfound greasiness from washing my face throughout the day to using translucent powder. However, none of my techniques kept the shine away for long. So you can imagine my delight when I was perusing the aisle and saw this little dandy, the NYX Shine Killer.



I've been using Shine Killer for about a week and it seems to be working! My face has felt less oily at the end of the day and visibly things appear to be a lot dryer(in a good way). I do still use translucent powder in tandem with Shine Killer for ultimate destruction of oily grossness.

NYX Professional Makeup HD Concealer:
Last but not least, the actual reason I went to Ulta in the first place, concealer! There's not a whole lot to say about this product. It does what it's supposed to and does a darn good job at it. I ended up purchasing one of the pastiest shades on the market and it blends pretty dang well!


Overall, I'm extremely pleased with my purchases from NYX! They're affordable, wearable and best of all cruelty-free! Until next time, peace, love, bunnies. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City