Adventuretime

Good Day Friends!

I hope you're enjoying yourself wherever the day has taken you, will take you... yaddah yaddah.

I began this lovely blog a few months ago and surprise I haven't returned since, I'm Sorry, how rude of me! Apparently I have had 60 something views according to the Google machine so thank you and a shout out to my mystery friends!

Things have changed a bit since my last entry, Spring is finally deciding to roll around ( Bring on that sunshine and fresh air!!!). I just returned from a lovely trip to Mexico with my boyfriend Jake, it was a pretty painful reality coming back from what some would call Paradise to Wisconsin. Don't get me wrong I have mad Wisco-pride but trading in that all inclusive 90 degree sunshine life for the nasty cloudy 50 one day 70 the next Wisconsin living is a bit upsetting. ONLY in Wisconsin can I go from wearing a tank top to wearing gloves and a winter coat again with in 24 hours, buttttttt enough of my complaints.

So today I figured I'd touch on my travels to Mexico and give you all a little break down of our adventures, here we go :D

Our flight left at 10 something in the morning out of Chicago, However Jake was super paranoid due to a negative work trip to the airport a few weeks before our vacation where he cut it wayyyyy too close driving down and just barley caught his flight with minutes to spare. Naturally we decided to leave Milwaukee at 3 in the morning so we could make it to Chicago fantastically early haha It;s ok though we actually ended up having a lot of fun on our little early AM quest and got some yummy breakfast in the terminal.

We eventually departed and landed in Dallas TX to catch our connecting flight which to our horror ended up being delayed about 4 hours. The pilot kindly made us all aware after we were all buckled in and ready for take off that our plane needed an urgent brake check that would take an hour or so well an hour sluggishly becomes four. Nothing like spending literally your entire day at airports, oh well the trade off is worth it!

We finally departed and touched down in Cancun around 7:30 or so, it was immediately gorgeous! The air was filled with welcomed humidity finally giving my winter tortured skin some moisture. We were so burnt out by this point that the shuttle ride down to our resort seemed to take eons. It pretty much felt like we were just driving into the night, cruising down the only road in sight surrounded by jungles and the occasional convenience stores.

Alas the light at the end of the tunnel, The Grand Palladium was in sight! Everything was amazing, the decor, the people, the atmosphere, the building itself, all of it was outstanding. As if I needed another sign I was going to love this place just off in the distance the crew was preforming a Disney variety show! Nothing like some Hercules to help you find that inspiration after a long journey, yes Herc we will go the distance!!

Our next day consisted of some delicious day drinking and nomz all blurred by the long islands I was repeatedly downing, yassss! Nothing like free drinks, keep em coming! After our morning drinking endeavor and apparently what was me creating an ice cream sundae that pretty much just consisted of chocolate sprinkles and every single dessert they had out I was in need of a nap. FOOD COMA, plus I'm an ultra light weight. WHICH BY THE WAY, I LOVE!! I love being a light weight, it doesn't mean you "suck at drinking" it means you get your moneys worth faster, whad up!!! Once I woke up, no longer drunk but still unbearably full we decided to take advantage of one of the fancy pants restaurants. Japanese was the winner of the night! I wish I wasn't so full at the time so I could have fully enjoyed it without wanting to explode. Needless to say I didn't refuse any food I was offered, nah that ain't me, but my food baby was massive that night, also totally worth it.



The next morning we voyaged to Xcaret, think jungle, nature, animals, history and charm. Here we swam in a river through the jungle spotting a few wild crabs and tiny fish! Xcaret has some awesome animal experiences including an aquarium, butterfly house and baby turtles, and who doesn't love tiny baby turtles! Squeeeee! There are some pretty cool exhibits here too, taking you from the world of the ancient Maya's to modern day living such as huts and a super elaborate cemetery scene with beautiful colors and tiny murals for graves (the lizards climbing on top of these scenes provides some amusement). Finding ourselves tuckered out by 3 we decided to head back on the earlier of the two shuttles to our resort that day, if you decide to visit Xcaret some day I recommend staying until 7 for the big show, everyone there says it will blow you mind!



Our second mini adventure in Mexico was to the famous site Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world. Chichen Itza is fascinating, we had a fantastic tour guide who really helped take you back to the times of the ancient Mayan's, he himself is Maya which added some fun, he was so excited to show us the "real Mexico" away from the glamour of resorts and ocean side cities.After learning the history of the different structures of this architectural landmine our tour guide provided us with some insight to the culture of these ancient peoples leaving me full of feelings of wonder, mysticism and curiosity. On the way back home we had the chance to check out a natural Cenote, a natural sinkhole creating one of the most beautiful sights I have seen, you also have the option to swim here which is pretty excellent, gotta escape that heat somehow! We took one final detour for lunch at a local restaurant where they served us authentic Mexican style tacos, soups and tamales, muy delicouso! I love food if you can't tell by now haha



Sadly our trip came to an end the following day, after a fun filled few days in Mexico I am 100% happy with my experience and will forever have these amazing memories to cherish! If you find yourself looking to hit up Mexico for some fun I highly recommend the Grand Palladium, they offer fantastic rooms, food and entertainment for all ages, all of their staff was nothing but pleasant to us our entire stay, muy bueno :] So check it out!

I could keep going but I'm going to wrap it up here, if you made it this far thanks for reading, you're a super star!

-Jenna :]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City