Memorial Day Weekend wrap up and some random tidbits of adventure.

Good morning from Milwaukee!

I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend, enjoying time off with friends and family's and hopefully taking some time to do the most important thing and remember all of the brave men and women who fight to defend us here in the good ole US of A! Thank you for all you do.
I was lucky enough to spend the holiday weekend off with my boyfriend and family.

Saturday we checked out The Great Lake's distillery right here in Milwaukee. This tour is definitely worth checking out if you're in the area! For only $7 you take the educational tour, getting an inside look at the distillery and distilling process followed by everyone's favorite part... Tasting! They are especially generous here giving you 6-7 samples of their various hard liquors. This was my third time on the tour and I never leave sober haha so please check it out if you come to Milwaukee!


I did some hiking on the Ice Age trail this weekend. Getting out and connecting with nature is one of my true loves, there's nothing like the smell of fresh air and the wind in your hair. Hooray for all this sunshine, but minus the hooray for the painful sunburn I acquired :[ that's the struggle for a pasty lady such as myself!



We made an overnight stop in Appleton, (where both Jake and I are from) to have dinner with my family who I haven't seen for a while, it was an awesome last minute plan. Sometimes all you need is time with family and friends to feel recharged and refreshed in our crazy lives!

On Memorial Day we trekked up to Door County AKA the thumb of Wisconsin. If your not familiar our lovely state is shaped like a hand, the peninsula being the thumb, you're welcome for that geography lesson ;] Anyways Door County is always good for wine, crafts, food and nature. We checked out Peninsula state park and drove up to Gills rock. Sadly the famed goats who dwell on the roof of Al Johnson's weren't out yet, so alas I have a reason to go back this summer!

All in all I had a great weekend and I hope you all did too! Once again a big thank you to those keeping us safe and giving us freedom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City