Milwaukee is a weird place.

What the actual what.

For some situations there is no better way to describe them than "WTF mate", for rizzle. This is a story. Not just any story, but a story where I believe the culprit is either a crazed Hobo or the obvious most probable suspect.... Bigfoot. Either way it was weird and out of the ordinary, without further a do here it is, the tale.

Last night around dusk, on a peaceful Sunday in July a strange happening occurred. The location was Grant Park, if you happened to read my older blog posts (thank you :D) you already know Grant Park is a supposed paranormal hot spot of Milwaukee, and an all and all excellent park! That being said, there is something off about this place, although the park is beautiful and offers a view of Lake Michigan that cannot be rivaled, something strange and eerie is going on and it seems every so often I happen to stumble right into that weirdness when it's least expected.




Jake and I decided to get out and enjoy the weather before our Sunday wrapped up by having a little picnic at Grant, I had a sandwich and a Bud Light Lime and it was delightful, this adds nothing of importance to this story but I felt it must be mentioned! We ate our meal, chilled a bit and then decided to go for a walk on the trails. Let me try to paint you a little picture here... The area of the park we were in is up above lake level ( like above sea level but lake style), anyways once you're on the trail you have the option of going on the paved path or if you're bold and like to live dangerously like myself, take a man made path that goes closer along the edge of the cliff.

This is the part of the story where I like to mention coincidence. Before we arrived at Grant Park we had debated where to have our picnic, then as we began our walk into the woods we talked about all the weird things and strange people we had seen there in the past. Just somethings after the fact that were random to me.

We were maybe 5-10 minutes into our walk when up on the left near the edge of cliff we saw some toilet paper, upon looking into the woods bordering the right side of the narrow path there appeared to be unrolled toilet paper stretching deep into the woods. I figured some jerk had come through and TP'ed the park for whatever reason so I didn't pay it much mind. We were now approaching the toilet paper along the left side of the cliff on it, it had fresh poop on it WTF... weird. Then off to my right I began to hear it "Chhhhh, Chhhhh, Chhhh". Weird. Then it started getting a little louder, "Chhhhh. Chhhhh. Chhhhh". A sound I can only describe as the chhhh chhhh chhhh sound effect in the background of a scary movie, definitely not an animal, this was a sound someone was making. At this point I was paranoid, checking over my shoulder, peering through the trees into the thick brush that blocked us from sight to our right. The sound kept going a little louder, a little faster, "Chhhhhh. Chhhhh. Chhhhh". Then in front of us I heard a bird call out a similar tune, just as we were approaching a very large downed branch we would have to be careful while passing I began to feel trapped, on edge I grabbed Jake's arm and said "Jake." in that deathly serious tone I've only used maybe three times in my life. Right as I alerted him coming from the brush just at eye level someone or something deliberately shook a tree branch. Fight or Flight, Fight or Flight!!! Flight. We booked it out of there so fast, desperate to get back to the paved path and out to the parking lot with other people in sight. Flip flops are not your friend in a situation like this, I'm already a slow runner the flops did not come to me aid.




We safely arrived at a parking lot just outside the path, flying out of there like a bat out of hell! This definitely generated a few suspicious looks from park goers. Out of breath we quickly walked the rest of the way to the car, shaken, confused and weirded out! I couldn't help but feel we were being lured or trapped, the noises, the downed tree to slow us down, the toilet paper used as a distraction perhaps, and the shaking branches to lure us in! It all seemed fishy, what is the meaning of this!!?!?! Naturally we drove back to the area of the event, too afraid to go back on the trail we tried peeking in on the other end of it where it comes out, upon looking under the tree line we saw nothing, heard nothing, all seemed normal. There is however toilet paper scattered throughout this part of the woods, hanging in the trees, along the outskirts of the area, it seems as if someone is almost marking the area off, when I say hanging from the trees I don't mean hanging in the way of a place that got TP'ed, it is more like a strategic piece of paper here and there, intentionally put in certain spots. Eventually we left, not without being thoroughly sketched out however.

Strange days, crazed creepers. That's my guess, I'm just glad we made it out of there ok, despite whatever was going on in there! Milwaukee's weird, ok bye.

Hey, it's Monday!
Don't forget to be AWESOME! :] 


Comments

  1. This was so weird!! Creeps me out thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City