Wisco to Tennessee

Greetings fellow travelers! 
Driving from Wisconsin to Nashville is quite the trek filled with interesting sights. Seeing as we were in the car for hours on end I had a lot of time to gather my thoughts. I will leave them with you here...

Thought number one: Are the majority of drivers south of WI absolutely terrible at driving!? I know there are plenty of less than admirable drivers here in the land of cheese especially if you dare to voyage near the city. However, we noticed many road rage inducing driving trends as we descended further from our starting point. You may or may not have heard of the infamously endearing term Wisconsinites use to describe those special kinds drivers found in Illinois, "FIB", aka F***ing Illinois Basta***....(seeing as I don't want to muck up my blog with those naughty words you can put the pieces together ;] ). Alas, craziness was to be expected near Chicago and throughout the great state of IL. As we reached Indiana and Kentucky we noticed everyone seemed to drive quite a bit slower. These folks also seem to avoid changing lanes and merge at a speed slower than a limp noodle.

Thought number two: Indiana has some ballin' roadside entertainment... Anyone who has been in a car for an absurd amount of time will probably agree that roadside oddities are welcomed and to be enjoyed by all. In Indiana I saw a giant cob of corn, a freakishly large table and chairs, some ginormo silverware and a magnificent peach monument. Who could ask for more!? The billboards along the way were also quite amusing. Strip clubs, fireworks, cave adventures and ads about Jesus, oh my! What an excellent array of variety.

pinterest.com

My last little tidbit of randomness is Illinois is the training bra of the Midwest. I swear I didn't just come here to hate on IL... hear me out on this one. All of the other states we passed through (WI, IN, KY and TN) are filled with glorious hills as far as the eye can see, and then you hit IL and BAM! it's flat as pancake. Alas, I have declared that TN had the double D's of our adventure and IL is still waiting on puberty to call.

Oh the strange thoughts that come to mind whilst in an automobile lacking your normal sanity.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I'm alone of this but I have a theroy. While travelling long distances it seems as if you go through every emotion on the spectrum. Excitement, boredom, sleepiness, loopiness, rage, pain, happiness and exhaustion! Be that as it may, I wouldn't trade the little quest we took for anything! Overall, it was excellent seeing more of the country and traveling by car has it's own perks such as AC and butt warmers oh yeah! There are so many beautiful places to see in the USA and I'm excited to check off a few more states from my list of places to see!

Happy Tuesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City