Perrot State Park

Greetings Earthlings!

It's been awhile since I wrote you a little something, something... and I apologize! Please forgive me for you see I've been terribly busy livin' it up and having fun! :D

Exploring, sunshine, adventure, s'mores and an ice cold beer... that's right I'm talking CAMPING! Camping is my true love. Waking up with the sun, getting off the grid and just doing whatever the day brings. Yesterday marked the end of my first camping trip of the summer and by golly I'm going to tell you about it.

Where you ask? Perrot State Park in Trempealeu Wisconsin. GORGEOUS. How else can you sum up a place like this. Rolling bluffs, vegetation every which way and the B-E-A-UUUTIFUL Mississippi River winding about. Trempealeu is totally under-hyped. This was my second trip to Perrot and prior to that I had never heard of it. Pictures of the park on the Wisconsin State Parks website were enough to make us book a trip no questions asked, right there and then and Perrot has quickly become a camping favorite.


We arrived on Thursday and stayed through Sunday morning. We enjoyed a 3 Mile kayak trip around the bay in the park that connects to the Mississippi, A 28 Mile bike ride from Trempealeu all the way to La Crosse and back, a sweat covered breath stealing hike to the top of Brady's Bluff, as well as a nice rendezvous to Winona MN. If you are a nature lover come for the view, Perrot easily takes the cake on one of the most beautiful landscapes in Wisconsin. Some rare Wisconsin nature can be spotted here too! Such as Rattle Snakes... and supposedly the Mothman if you like to think "the truth is out there", like I do. ;] A few years ago upon our first voyage to Perrot we spied what we believe was a baby Rattle Snake, although rare this was also a bit terrifying and ensued maximum paranoia later when we got lost on a hiking trail... word to the wise, PLEASE stay on the marked paths or you will end up hiking into oblivion for 3 plus hours, starting to accept your fate that you're going to die out in the woods. We don't like that... so just be good hikers and don't stray.



My motto is always have one too many brats, more s'mores than I'd like to admit and consume the amount of booze only a Wisconsinite could stomach. Because hey, your camping, and that's awesome, and you were out in nature all day being active so that pretty much grants rights to eating and drinking whatever you want, right? ;] Maybe not, but that's how I roll. Lightbulb!! I shall create a post with some of my most delightful camping meal creations, stay tuned.


Overall, if you are in the Wisconsin area, or if you love to camp, love nature, love being outdoors do yourself a huge favor and check out Perrot State Park! Perrot has a lot to offer and tons of adventure in store for you and everyone is super friendly, most likely because they live in Trempealeu and it's amazeballz there.

Never Stop Exploring! 


Comments

  1. Love your writing. Thank you for posting your wonderful review about this place. My friends and I are planning a camping trip this summer to Perrot and your review helps in knowing this is definitely a good place to camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jay that's great to hear! :D I promise you will love Perrot if you decide to go that route! Be sure to check out the Great River Trail if you're into biking too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City