Goddess Provisions March Box Review

The glee of receiving a monthly surprise from Goddess Provisions has given me a reason to happily countdown the days until the next box awaits me on my doorstep. This month's box focused on Ayurvedic Wellness, an ancient Indian practice that focuses on yoga and using the elements of nature to bring balance and harmony into your life. Curious about what's inside? Take a peak below...

Copper Cup- Turmeric Latte Mix:
Ya'll know I love me a good latte here and there. The golden hue of this powdery substance had me intrigued from the get-go and I was excited to test it out. Prior to stirring-up this concoction I'd never had Turmeric anything so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, after reading the directions and noting the recommendation of adding honey, cinnamon and your favorite milk I figured it had to be good, and boy was it! I added a dab of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of almond milk. The latte was the perfect mix of sweet and spicy and a great way to enjoy a caffeine-free beverage at 2 p.m.

http://bit.ly/2FJxxYQ

Idiot's Guide to Ayurveda:
To be honest, I didn't even know Ayurveda wellness was a thing until the arrival of my March box. Luckily, this book seems to be the perfect intro to Ayurveda for n00bs like myself. The book reads easily and is filled with fun recipes and quizzes to really help you make Ayurveda your own. I was excited to learn Ayurveda goes hand-in-hand with yoga as I'll be starting a yoga class in a few weeks.


Paavani- Tridoshic Harmonizing Aromatherapy:
This stuff smells 5-star fabulous! I'll spritz a hint of it here-and-there before meditating or winding down for the night, which is kind of funny since the orange-y scent of this spray is almost energizing. What can I say, I'm lovin' the zest.


Copper Tongue Scraper:
Not gonna lie, I was initially a little grossed out by this one. A mechanism designed specifically for scraping one's tongue, bizarre. But, the more I thought about it (and read up on it online) I realized using a copper tongue scraper really isn't any different than scrubbing your tongue with a toothbrush. I've been using the scraper for about a week now and ironically, I think it's my favorite piece this month.

http://bit.ly/2HBOHIx


Balanced Guru- Nourishing Scalp Treatment:
Again, I was skeptical of this product before using it. The directions say the scalp treatment is to be used between washes on dirty hair. Sadly, my hair has this nasty habit of getting deliciously-oily and gunked-up hence the reason dry shampoo is my BFF. Alas, it was a Saturday night and I was feeling daring so I decided to give my new product a whirl. To my delight, the product is quite light and not very oily at all. It didn't nasty-up my roots and it smelled fantastically herbal. Supposedly this stuff strengthens your hair follicles so follow-up with me in a month or two to see if my hair's feeling powerful.

http://bit.ly/2tJNs7W

Ahimsa Essentials: Zen Oil Blend
Sadly, I don't own an essential oil diffuser so I haven't really played around with this oil blend much. There was one evening where I dabbed a bit on my wrists and I will say the smell was quite powerful and invigorating. Perhaps some day I'll get to experience the full power of this "Zen Blend".

http://bit.ly/2DtfS5O

Red-Orange Carnelian
Previously I'd heard of Carnelian being referred to as "your own personal cheerleader". Awwhhh, Am-I-right?  A stone of encouragement and emotional healing, who couldn't use a little Carnelian in their life?


Gonesh Cones: Incense
Last, but not least. incense from Gonesh Cones. Once again, I haven't' had a chance to try these babies out, I apologize for failing you dear reader. I only have an incense burner for stick-style incense, not cones although I suppose you could still burn a cone on the regular incense holder. But, what I can say is this incense smells nice and is probably the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing yoga or meditation session.

http://bit.ly/2pe3aCV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City