I Let My Husband Pick My Outfits for a Week

I was inspired to write this post after seeing a similar article on Buzzfeed a while back. The challenge is simple, have your s/o choose your outfits for one week, take some pics and reflect.

My everyday style tends to be pretty business casual and consists of a whole lot of black. I also own an abundance of warm colors like red and orange and have a soft spot for military greens. I used to take a lot of pride in my fashion *lewks* when I was younger but I'd definitely say my everyday style choices have gotten a bit more basic over the years. That being said, I still like to spice it up with an edgy outfit every once and a while. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of my normal outfit choices (also, sorry for the lack of good outfit pics, looking through my photos I realized I never take full body/outfit shots.... maybe I should have planned for this better 😋).


Day 1 - For the first day of the challenge Jake chose a tan v-neck t-shirt, a blue cardigan, and some skinny jeans. We didn't fully think the challenge through and I forgot to tell Jake to pick out some shoes too so I chose to pair the outfit with brown combat boots.
Final thoughts: This look wasn't too outside of my comfort zone despite the fact that I probably wouldn't pick such a light colored t-shirt. Overall good job Jake!

Day 2 - For day two Jake got real fancy and paired a velvet mini-skirt with a striped top and black cardigan. I topped the look off with some ankle booties.
Final thoughts: I was pretty impressed with this outfit choice as it looked similar to something I would choose myself. Once again, I don't know that I would have paired it with a white top but it looks good and I felt pretty heckin' cute.  

Day 3- By the time day three rolled around Jake was feeling pretty confident in his stylist abilities and picked a maroon tank top paired with a green jacket and my big a** Caitlyn boots (lovingly named after the character Caitlyn from Leauge of Legends). While this outfit was cute I will admit I may have interveined slightly because he was originally going to pair the outfit with a gray cardigan until I began questioning if people wear gray, brown and black all in one outfit.
Final thoughts: This outfit was cute and it's still hard to get my feet out of those boots, ah!

Day 4 - Of the entire challenge, day four is the only time I felt truly out of my element. Jake chose a Germany soccer zip up paired with a red t-shirt and jeans. I added the hat and tennis shoes because I wasn't quite sure how else to rock this look.
Final thoughts: I felt like a bit of a poser all day because I know nothing about soccer and I thought I looked far too sporty for my own good. However, no one said anything and it was nice to feel a little cozier than usual.

Day 5 - For the final day of the challenge, Jake complied the comfiest outfit of them all, a long sleeve shirt paired with a green cardigan and jeans. I'm not wearing any shoes in this photo but I think I wore my black ankle booties again.
Final thoughts: I'd say this outfit was the closest to something I'd choose for myself on a regular day. I loved the combo of black and green and the cardigan kept me ultra warm and cozy, would recommend. 

Overall, Jake has a good eye and did a great job taking me out of my comfort zone. Maybe next time I'll choose his outfits for a week and test my abilities as a stylist.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City