What to do in Denver

Great Divide Brewery
It's no secret that Denver loves beer. The Great Divide Brewing Company is something of a hipster paradise. Curled mustaches and flannel shirts fill this small establishment to the brim. Hipster or not, Great Divide has something for everyone. The drinks were delicious and packed with a punch! I tried the Yeti Imperial Stout and Claymore Scotch Ale, both were fab.




Little Man Ice Cream
Notice: This list may mostly consist of foods and drinks because that's just how I roll.

Sometimes I like to do a little research before embarking on a journey. So when I discovered Little Man Ice Cream on Yelp I knew we had to check it out. Little Man lived up to its great online ratings. I got a two scoop creation of deliciousness along with a mother-flippin' free brownie, my taste buds were pleased and my sweet tooth was satisfied. 



Downtown Aquarium
Alright folks, get this, the Denver downtown aquarium only costs $18.99 for adult general admission. That means that for less than $20 you too can experience a magical day! 

Maybe I'm just blown away based off my past general admission experiences where I've been ripped-off and got stuck paying extra to see the extra fun exhibits such as touching stingrays. Well, that's certainly not the case here. This downtown aquarium has everything from sharks to eels and you can see it all for the sweet, sweet price of $18.99. 



Denver Capitol
This destination was a bit of a last minute decision. Jake and I were planning on doing a mini self-guided tour of the capitol when we were met by an elderly volunteer named Larry. Larry charmed us and convinced us to return an hour later for the full-force Denver Capitol tour. The tour turned out to be quite interesting and fun, packed with interesting facts about government, the building's history and knowledge tidbits about Denver. If you're looking to get your exercise in for the day stop by the capitol and climb flights of stairs for days. The guides take you to the top of the building's dome offering views of the city you won't find anywhere else! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City