Golden. A Day in Golden Colorado

Upon arriving in Golden, CO we hit up the Coors Brewery tour because you know... priorities. If there's one thing us Wisconsinites love its beer and I was jonesing for a cold, crisp Blue Moon. 


The Coors tour is free and self-guided, you're given an audio headset that explains certain parts of the facility as you weave in and out of different rooms learning about the glorious beverage we call beer. The final stop is the tasting room where you get three free drinks... hey it's educational!!

After our liquid-lunch we decided to explore the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater. This venue is truly one of a kind. After driving a short distance up a steep slope, we stumbled upon two giant ship-shaped rocks with a concert-stage nestled between them. The Red Rocks felt like an alternate-land, isolated from civilization and one with nature. One can only imagine the awesomeness of attending a concert there. In addition to an awesome venue, there's also a free museum worth checking out. Learn about various artists who've played there over the years and gaze-upon autographed instruments and memorabilia. And if you aren't tuckered-out after all that, the hiking trails at the park are next to impossible to resist. We chose one at random and were not disappointed with the gorgeous views of the jaw-dropping land surrounding us.  

If I ever find myself back in Colorado I'd love to catch a show at Red Rocks.


I don't know if there are any conspiracy nuts out there, but if you are I bet you know a little something, something about the Denver International Airport. Let's just say Fox Mulder is my idol and, "I want to believe." That being said, even though it was way out of the way the Airport had to be explored. After seeing it with my own eyes I can confirm there's definite weirdness going down out there... If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about do a little Google-ing see for yourself. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City