Spooky, scary stuff!

I love the paranormal. 

Ghosts and ghouls have always had a special place in my heart. I've been intrigued by the unknown for as long as I can remember and thus have thrown myself into a few spooky situations here and there. I am the proud owner of various books highlighting notable "haunted" locations in my state and have managed to voyage to as many as possible. Lately my quench for scary adventures has not been satisfied but, I still love to talk about my past experiences so I figured why not share a few with you! 

This first tale is one of more coincidence than anything. We traveled down a tiny back-road in Weyauwega WI. However, this wasn't just any country road this was the infamous Marsh Road. Legend states that Marsh Rd is plagued by a ravenous "Goat Man" with a taste for teenage flesh! Back in the day there was a "make-out couch" located half way down the road. A perfect place for youngsters to sneak off to in the wee hours of the night. However, it wouldn't take long for these late night lovers to realize they weren't alone (enter Goat Man). This story falls into the local legend category. I know many people who have journeyed to Marsh Road looking for a good scare. Some road-goers reported strange activity such as cars stalling, radio malfunctions and of course Goat Man sightings. I have traveled Marsh Road a handful of times but have never been "fortunate" enough to witness the Goat Man for myself. Oddly enough, one night there was a strange coincidence. As we approached the road we saw a mysterious figure in the distance. The creature slowly came into view the closer we got. Standing along the side of the road was none other that a goat! I realize there's nothing scary about goats aside from their strange horizontal pupils... but, that night still stands out in my mind as the closest creature I'll ever get to seeing the Goat Man of Marsh Road. 


cryptidz.wikia.com

Another fabulous haunted location in Wisconsin is charmingly referred to as "Hotel Hell". These days the hotel is looking more like a skeleton than anything. Rumor has it the grounds of this hotel contain an actual portal to Hell. If that's not strange enough for you, there are also alleged tunnels running under the old structure that mobsters such as Al Capone used to conduct their sketchy business. The hotel acts as a permanent home to many restless spirits. One of which who is reported to be a little girl wearing a nightgown covered in blood. Sadly, this location was hit by a tornado a year or two ago knocking most of the remains to rubble. 


michaeljaris.com


Lastly, I have a story to share about a visit Jake and I took to an old church near Lake Geneva. The church burned down many years ago. Today the remains of the building are reportedly being used for less than appropriate reasons such as rituals and other negative acts. The church cemetery still remains unscathed creating a perfect mix for paranormal activity. I don't exactly remember what was supposed to happen at this location or the name of the location for that matter. What I do remember is what happened to me the next morning...I kid you not, I woke up the word "Die" clearly printed on my stomach. The word was formed by strange red blotches.Immediately I freaked out. My husband tried to sum it up as me laying in a weird position overnight. I found this hard to believe because the word was clearly legible. I also noticed I had some weird finger-type prints along my collar bone area in the same red blotch fashion. The marks faded as the morning went on but the moment has stayed engraved in my mind til this day. Needless to say, I prayed, saged the apartment and tried my best to move on. Things never quite felt the same at that place after that. Nothing serious ever happened to me but I would wake up at 3 AM almost every night with an overall feeling of uneasiness. Luckily, we've moved to a new place and things have been good thus far! *crosses fingers* 


midwesternadventures.com

There you have it, a few stories from my haunted adventures.
There's more where that came from but I shall save those tales for another day! 

Stay Spooky. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City