Spooktacular

Twas one heck of a weekend my friends! 

I was finally able to get into the October spirit the past few days and it felt great! I'm talking haunted house action, paranormal mysteries and a whole lot of fun!

To start I visited the Abandoned Haunted House complex on the outskirts of Milwaukee. I cannot praise this haunt enough! Abandoned is a truly unique haunted house experience. The actors are committed to their craft and the sets they use are mind-blowing.

wisconsinfrights.com

You get the ultimate bang for your buck when you visit Abandoned because they feature not 1, not 2 but 3 haunted attractions! Two of the attractions are indoors and the other is an outdoor corn maze that they added just this year.

wisconsinhauntedhouses.com

Bonus: here's a fun little nugget for you.... The grounds Abandoned is build on are legitimately haunted! Just this last weekend I spoke with a gentleman from the Brew City Paranormal group who investigated there and he had video evidence to prove something spooky is going down!

10/10 would recommend. 

Next up, the real highlight of my weekend.

Jake and I attended the 2nd annual Milwaukee Paranormal Conference. Man, did we have a blast!

milwaukeeparacon.com/schedule/ 

We got the 2 day super pass which included admission to the Raven's Ball after party Saturday night. We listened to various panels ranging from information on ghosts, UFO's, urban legends and Bigfoot. It was like I was in an episode of the X-Files and I never wanted to leave! I was lucky enough to meet some of my personal role models in the paranormal field such as Chad Lewis, Linda Godfrey and Ursula Bielski. I'm not going to lie, I was definitely a bit star struck as I waited in line to ask if these fantastic authors could sign my books. To reveal how much of a nerd I am I was hardcore geeking out at the fact that I had multiple six degrees of separation moments with Zak Bagans via the people I was meeting...



I feel privileged that I was able to speak with many amazingly inspirational people such as local investigators, artists and a few podcasters here and there. I want to give a big shout-out to the organizers of this fabulous event! Jake and I attended last year which was the first time the event was held, there must have been crazy interest in this because this year was over the top awesome! I was truly impressed with the guests that spoke and will most certainly be in attendance next year! Great job everyone you're all amazing!

All in all, I left the weekend feeling curious, inspired and ready to get out there and learn more about the unknown!

Stay Spooky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City