Cruelty Free is the Way to be!

I love animals of all shapes and sizes! 
That being said there is something that has been taking a toll on my conscious for a while  now.

Have you ever looked at your cosmetics or hair products and wondered what an animal had to go through so that we can live up to our beauty standards? Putting creatures without voices through such traumatizing situations seems a bit heartless. Perhaps this sounds a bit dramatic but hear me out. People have been manufacturing make-up and other products for such a long time now, we know what works and what doesn't so why should our furry friends have to suffer?

https://www.emaze.com/@ACQFRORZ/Animal-Testing

That being said, I have set out to begin replacing my beauty collection with 100% cruelty-free products. As I mentioned before, this is something that I've been contemplating for a while now. I know that I could have and should have made better purchases in the past but, new products come with their own set of questions. If you're like me when you find an item you love you keep buying it over and over again. Be it a certain lipstick brand or even a mascara. Every beauty product is different and some work better than others. Almost everything in my arsenal comes from the drugstore so it can be hard to find that grade-A quality product.

My anti animal-testing collection grew by 3 this past weekend and so far I have been very pleased with the results! I purchased an overnight moisturized by "Yes to Cucumbers", a concealer by "Wet n Wild" and lastly a gorgeous matte lipstick by "Milani". I was a little concerned about the concealer and the lipstick going into this.

The concealer was maybe $4 and made by a brand that I used as a pre-teen. Alas, today is my second day wearing the product and it has yet to disappoint! The concealer wears for long periods of time and dare I say it is just as good as a fancy-schmancy one I got at Ulta in the past!

http://www.wetnwildbeauty.com/face/photo-focus-concealer.html#sm.0001gvk92zjqqdrzqll2h1b0h6l05

I had used "Yes to Cucumbers" in the past and I'm not quite sure why I steered away from it. This is a really nice moisturizer! I only need to use about one pump to cover my face and neck and the product doesn't make my skin feel greasy. It's important to keep your skin's thirst quenched in these dry Winter days! It's soothing, it's calming, it's everything your skin has dreamed of!

http://yesto.com/product/yes-to-cucumbers-soothing-daily-calming-moisturizer/

Now for the lipstick... I was worried. I tend to stick with my Revlon Colorstay Overtime because that stuff will not budge from dusk until dawn! Other lipsticks/glosses can't seem to live up to my long lasting expectations especially when they come in a darker color. I took a chance and was so pleasantly surprised!! I could not stop raving about my new Milani lipstick all day yesterday! I wanted to tell anyone who would listen! I picked out a dark purple lip-color called "the Ultimate" and it was GORGEOUS! There was so much shimmer and dimension on my lips that I couldn't help but take a few selfies (I face palm as I admit to this). The lipstick wore well. I did have to touch up small areas a few times throughout the day but it blended easily and was easy to apply. The color did not budge from my lips from 8 a.m until maybe 6:30 p.m. Admittedly it did not last as long as my one true love Revlon but it is a great alternative that I would be ok with switching to. All of my new products rock and  I'm happy to say they're cruelty-free!


This is only a small start but I hope to someday own a completely cruelty-free beauty collection! 

Save the Animals! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City