My Road Trip Essentials

Road trip!

There's nothing quite as excellent as going on a good ole adventure via car. Just you, your crew and the open road. Despite how thrilling road trips can be there's no denying that they can become a tad bit tiresome after a while. That's where I come in! Have no fear here are a few of my nifty tips for making your next vehicular adventure a bit more exciting!

Rold Golds: 
You know, the snack of pure pretzely perfection. Specifically in the mustard flavor. Everyone has their go to roadtrippin' snack and mine just happens to be these bad boys. Rold Golds instantly take me back to my childhood in the 90's. It's a well known fact that they are generally delicious but get this things have gotten even better... how you might ask? They no longer leave that powdery residue on your fingertips! Yes, I realize I sound like a crazy snack lady right about now but food is the essence of life and I have no shame!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rold-Gold-Honey-Mustard-Tiny-Twists-Pretzels-10-oz/10900055
(LOL never, thought I'd use an image from Walmart on my blog)

5 Star Podcasts: 
Sure, the thought of being on the road for hours on end sounds adventurous and exciteable. However, despite all the Instagram posts in the world you're bound to get a little stir-crazy after a while. Alas, when you find these feelings of boredom are at bay I suggest tuning into a good podcast! Podcasts are storytelling of the future! With so many different themes to explore from comedy to true crime, who could resist?

Some of my favorite podcasts include: Anna Faris is Unqualified, Beyond the Darkness and Reply All.

Honestly, there are so many great podcasts out there the possibilities are endless and the content is forever entertaining.

http://www.unqualified.com/pressbooking/
https://www.podcastone.com/beyond-the-darkness
https://gimletmedia.com/reply-all/


An Epic Playlist:
I mean, this is pretty much a no-brainer. After lots of sitting and zoning out nothing is better to get your juices flowin' than some kick-ass jams! Even podcasts can get a little dreary after a few hours and there's just something about a few good tunes to lighten up the mood. I have a few favorite go to's such as the Lonely Island and some obnoxious party music like LMFAO or Pitbull. Judge me if you must but these are the songs that know how to get me jazzed. (You know you're lying if you say you don't do a little foot tapping or shoulder shufflin' when these bangers come on).

https://genius.com/artists/The-lonely-island

Comfy Pants:
This is a very important tid-bit of information my friends. Wear something comfy on your rear, you're buns will thank you later! When we drove to Nashville last year I wore a pair of less than comfortable shorts. By the time we got back home my butt was screaming for freedom. Moral of the story, use your common-sense and wear cozy clothing when voyaging via planes, trains or automobiles.


With that I wish you many fun-filled adventures with loads of roadside entertainment. If all else fails you can pretend your car is a Transformer and see where the day takes you. 😜

Autobots, Roll Out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City