Eyeliner or Liquid Trash? A Memoir.

Eyeliner is a gal's best friend. 

A few months ago I began slowly purging my old icky animal tested make-up products for shiny new cruelty-free ones. Yippie!

There have been wins and there have been losses along the way. See my previous post regarding said events here: http://pinkandpurplemakesunicornbabies.blogspot.com/2017/05/cruelty-free-update.html 

This morning was like any other. I winged my eyes and glossed my lips as any good beauty connoisseur would. However, our story begins a few weeks prior at my local CVS store. I was low on eyeliner and seeking a replacement bottle stat. As I perused the aisles I was naturally drawn to the Milani display, aka my newfound cruelty-free go to. The eyeliner choices were scarce. I decided to live luxuriously and snatched-up an eyeliner costing a dollar more than my usual budget(I'm a high roller, YOLO). Happy with my decision, I strolled home with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. But that was all about to change.

And thus a review was born.

Milani EyeTech Liquid Eyeliner(pictured below) is liquid trash.

To my despair my new purchase was less than satisfactory. Now, to be fair there are a few perks this product has to offer. The applicator is flexible and easy to use and it does seem to last most of the day. My issue was the color. I like my eyeliner blacker than black. I need it to match the depths of my soul mwhahah(too much?). All jokes about my devious self aside, this liquid eye decor resembles watered down smudge. Sadly, even after caking on multiple layers, the lines were barely visible. To which I question the universe, "how am I to have the perfect cat eye!?" Dramatic? Maybe. But, this is some pretty important stuff. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/54606214208907071/

After doing some research on Milani's website it looks like other people have had the same disheartening experience because the EyeTech Liquid Eyeliner appears to be discontinued. This purchase aside, I've been over-the-moon in love with all other Milani products I've used. Everyone has their flops, I will def. continue using this brand in the future. 


Lucky for me today is pay day so my hunt for the perfect cruelty free drugstore eyeliner can continue! 

Wish me luck out there, my wings depend on it! 

http://alldolledup.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/F_17591.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City