Cruelty-Free Round-Up

Another year, another batch of new cruelty-free products to review!

In an attempt to rock my "natural glow" I've been trying to crack-down on establishing a daily skincare routine. Despite my attempts, my facial flaws haven't magically disappeared over the past month and a half, but what are ya gonna do. That doesn't mean I love my new stash of skin-nourishing, cruelty-free products any less. Because seriously you guys, this stuff is the bomb.com.

Tarte Mascara- Lights, Camera, Lashes
So, it's probably misleading of me to start this post with a rant about skincare and then talk about mascara, sorry about that! Don't say I didn't warn you, the subheading of this blog does say, "prepare for randomness." Anyways, I was given a sample of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and to my delight it's cruelty-free, huzzah! This stuff is five-star luxurious! The color is a lovely darker than dark shade of black and it has a special way of lifting your lashes to infinity and beyond. It took me a few days to adjust to the wand, it can be prone to some clump-age if you aren't careful, but after a few days of practice I got the process down.


Elf Daily Hydration Moisturizer 
Alright, back to the skincare theme. Honestly this review isn't that exciting, I needed a new moisturizer and I decided to give the Elf Daily Hydration Moisturizer a whirl. Elf has always been one of my trusted cruelty-free brands so I figured I'd try it out. The verdict, my skin feels moist and healthy as ever, thanks Elf!


Urban Decay Illuminator- Aura 
Alright, back to make-up! I mean, let's be honest, in a very broad category pretty much anything that goes on your face could be considered skincare, right? Maybe not? Ok. Anyways, I already raved about Urban Decay's Aura Illuminator in my January Favs post, but this stuff is seriously awesome! These long winter months had left my skin feeling a little drab and I was in need of a little assistance to really make my face light-up. Alas, Aura came to my aid and I've held it dear to my heart since day one. Yes, this product is a bit pricey, but you get a lot of product for what you pay for. And, it makes you look like a glowing unicorn-human whilst wearing it so I think it's worth it.


Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick 
Omgomgomg, you guys, I cannot get over how head-over-heels in LOVE I am with this lipstick. Since discovering Urban Decay's line of Vice Liquid Lipstick last August, I've been sampling a wide range of different colors and let me tell you they're all 100% totally amaze-ballz. On an average day I'll apply my makeup between 6:30-7:00 a.m., honest to goodness, this stuff barely budges from the butt crack of dawn until well beyond 6 p.m. Depending on the color you choose you might have to do a tiny touch-up, but so far I've been beyond satisfied with this product.


Yes to Coconuts Facial Wipes 
I'm a shower at night kinda gal, that being said, I need a reliable makeup removing wipe to assist me with those pesky raccoon-eyes I have after exiting the shower each evening. The Yes To brand has always been one of my favorite brands for this type of product, so this time I decided to get a little nutty and try out the coconut wipes. They don't seem quite as good at removing eye-makeup as the cucumber variety, however, they still get the job done. Plus, they smell amazing.


Witch Hazel 
Last, but not least, I've added witch hazel to my daily regimen. Once upon a time, a few months ago, I developed a pesky red-patch underneath my right nostril. So of course I summoned Google to my aid and discovered witch hazel is a good weapon to combat skin redness. Sadly, my red patch is still present to this day, but I've noticed an overall improvement with the rest of my skin. And to you, you nasty red blotch, I'll get you some day my pretty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City