Good Reads

The grand idea to blog about my favorite books in 2017 popped into my head, then I (somewhat embarrassingly) realized I read maybe six non-school related books over the past year. Whoops, between college, working multiple jobs and wasting countless hours on the inter-webs, I neglected to show my book shelf some much needed love.  

But, I did manage to sneak a few page-turners in from time to time. Here were a few of my favorites.  

Anna Faris is Unqualified-
Anna, Anna, Anna, I love you! Ever since Scary Movie I've had a soft spot in my heart for Anna Faris. Something about her resonated with me and my love for her was recently re-sparked upon discovering her podcast, "Unqualified". When I heard Anna wrote a book I knew I had to check it out. "Anna Faris is Unqualified" is a book about being the awkward teenager, cringe-worthy dates and an insiders perspective of the ugly side of Hollywood. A funny and relatable read, I burned through the book in less than a week and felt like I was BFFs with Anna by the end of it.  


Monsters Among Us-
If there's one thing I love it's the tale of a weird encounter with an unfamiliar creature. That's right folks, queue the X-Files theme music and buckle up, because Monsters Among Us takes you on one heck of a ride. Linda Godfrey archives a collection of bizarre brushes with the unknown, from bipedal dogmen to Bigfoot, she's heard it all. 

Also, shout-out to Linda for being a Wisconsinite! Cheeseheads unite!


Material Girl, Mystical World 
How many times can I rave about this book before you guys get sick of me? What can I say, I really, really enjoyed this book by Ruby Warrington and I know you'll love it if you're a little "woo-woo" too. Material Girl, Mystical World skims the surface of different metaphysical topics such as astrology, meditation and cosmic thinking. Reading this book feels like talking to an old friend. Ruby perfectly meshes the idea of fashion, beauty, health and wellness with modern-day spirituality. 

"Warrington shows us that it is within our power, right now, to create a life that is both intentional and fabulouswhile also contributing to a major shift in global consciousness."

This book also gives off serious "girl power" vibes and I'm loving it. 


Rise Sister Rise
A book about intuition, embracing the feminine and trusting your inner power. Rise Sister Rise is a fun and easy read. While there are some longer sections in the book, most chapters are on the short end. Simply read a page a day or skim as much as you'd like. Rebecca Campbell offers plenty of short exercises to accompany different sections of the book such as journal activities, meditation prompts and self-empowering mantras. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City