City Life

Howdy!

As someone who often lusts over the thought of moving and starting the next big adventure in a mysterious new setting, there are some things I do love about "The Good Land" that is Milwaukee. It has become known to me recently that I may not be as big of a city slicker as I once thought I was, and that's ok! Not to mention I'm getting a little sick of that nasty "Winter" who keeps showing up and won't leave me alone for 5-6 months every year ( Nobody likes you, go away!!). However, I will say moving to Milwaukee has given me more Wisconsin pride than ever and here are some reasons why....

German Heritage:
Milwaukee is loaded with some awesome odes to German Heritage. Ranging from the various beer gardens to Oktoberfest celebrations where you can sip Hefeweizen  from a stein and party with the polka band to your hearts content. Along with a good party comes those inevitable munchies, no worries they've got your back, how does a brat paired with kraut sound? No? Would a giant soft pretzel tickle your fancy? Or maybe you're just in it for the German chocolate cake, it's alright your secret's safe with me. Either way the accordions and lederhosen people proudly flaunt will get you in the spirit more than ever before!

Some of my favorite places for a taste of this German action are:

The Estabrook Beer Garden, which is located in Estabrook park and open most of the summer!
archive.jsonline.com
Milwaukee Oktoberfest which occurs September into early October.



Sports Ball:
Among the most obviously infamous attractions in Milwaukee, Miller Park. Home of the Milwaukee Brewers that being said, duh, this is a pretty excellent perk of living in the area. Seats can be found for pretty cheap, I'm talking like $7 if you don't mind sitting up in the high seats, and let's be honest you'll be drunk anyways so does it really matter?? Yeah, baseball games basically rock. You can tailgate and have yourself a parking lot party, and then spend $8 on a ridiculously priced ice cream cone once you get inside, and who doesn't love dropping that hard earned cash on crazy priced concessions. I keed, I keed, I rather enjoy Miller Park, but if you haven't picked up on it already I can be a bit of a penny pincher in this scenario so I prefer to eat before heading inside! 

hotelofhearts.com

Let's not forget about Football season! I'm not going to lie, I was a major Football fail until maybe 2 years ago... I had no idea how the game worked and I was basically betraying my Cheesehead nature by not screaming at a TV blaring the Packer game on Sundays, Oops. Then something magical happened, maybe it was because I now had a Boyfriend to teach  me the ways or maybe it was because I was suddenly old enough to legally drink, but I started getting into the game. Yeah! "We like sports and we don't care who knows!". As one can imagine Milwaukee likes to Sunday Funday it up every week and especially so during Packer season! "Go Pack GOOOOOOOO!!". 


Embracing an Active Lifestyle:
Although Milwaukee doesn't quite have the same gorgeous landscape to boast as more western parts of Wisconsin, it does have Lake Michigan, and you bet your bottom dollar people soak it up! For being a bustling city Milwaukee does it's best to give people a bit of nature right in the heart of it all. From the parks along the coast of the Lakefront, to the winding bike trails that cut through and under busy streets, it's not all too difficult to find some concrete free beauty around you in the city. Along with this comes the active people. Can I just say, there are a buttload of runners and bikers in Milwaukee, wowza, check out the Lakefront anytime the temperature has risen above 60 and people are outside freaking out, "Sun's out guns out". Very much so. People of Milwaukee love getting outside right in their own neighborhood and that's pretty cool, I myself not being much of a natural runner was even inspired to try my take at a few 5K's, including the exhilarating Storm the Bastille, during Milwaukee's Bastille Day's festival. 

If you're the outdoorsy type check out the Oak Leaf trail that sprawls throughout Milwaukee and surrounding areas! 

city-data.com

Finally, just for the heck of it.... my favorite bar!
42 Lounge:
I LOVE this place. My first outing here was maybe 2 years ago now, discovered one night while playing League of Legends, to find a local Milwaukee bar would be live streaming the championships! What the what!!! 42 immediately became a must on my list of things to do. 42 Lounge is a Geek bar, and it is fantastic. The cocktails all have a fun nerdy twist on the names, the beer selection is wide and they have a separate game menu. Obviously. Among the games you can choose from table top variety, counsel or a digital version of Settlers of Catan. Once in a while they have fun theme nights or go on mini field trips such as a visit to the Bristol Renaissance Faire. If your a full fledged Geek or just dabble, head out to 42 this weekend for a more unique bar experience. 

Image result for 42 lounge milwaukee
42lounge.com

Good times to be had and fun places to see! I'm still feeling that itch to say Bon Voyage to this fair city however, because as you know adventure is out there, and I want to find it! 

Have a tubular Tuesday! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City