Weekend Shenanigans

To quote the ever so fantastic Olan Rogers,
"It's a Monday."

Welcome to a new week friends! It's a Monday and that means anything crazy can go down!

Question to the general public, how was your weekend?
Me? Well how kind of you to ponder! I voyaged up to Kohler Andre state park for a last minute camping adventure! I didn't know too much about this park other than it's off the coast of Lake Michigan and that Kohler makes some dope bathtubs, another tidbit I was pumped to discover is neighboring town Sheboygan is the Brat Capitol of the World!!! Woah there, now that is not a title to be taken lightly! Delightful, delicious sausages, I want to nom on you all... and I did. A plethora of brats graced my mouth this weekend, garlic, taco and cheddar cranberry, ERH MERH GERDDDD so happy.



Over all I ate very well on this mini trip seeing as my Mom and Step-dad joined us one night and they are wayyyyy overly prepared when it comes to food, I'm talking chips galore, mini muffins, beef sticks and fancy additions for your eggs to ultimately create an omelette. Maybe this doesn't sound all too crazy but when it's just Jake and I camping we are pretty plain Jane with our food choices keeping it as simple as possible, none of that fancy salt and pepper with your cheddar mushroom omelette jazz!

As for the park, Kohler Andre is mostly sand dunes and views of Lake Michigan. The park itself was up kept very well and the campsites were MASSIVE! No complaints on that, we had plenty of room and were surrounded by trees, it was very nice and tucked away. The park does offer one biking trail but it's not too large, we finished it in a half hour or so. The hidden gem of this park is the fishing pond, located just outside of the parks boundaries is a super cute fishing pond, with crystal clear water, a dock and tons of tiny pan-fish waiting to steal your bait! I wouldn't recommend Kohler Andre for a long stay seeing as there isn't much to do, but it is absolutely perfect for a weekend getaway!



I hope you all had a blasty blast the past few days! Make the best of the last week of July, weirdddddd July is almost over already! 

Adios! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City