Erh-Mer-Gerd Pokemernnnnn

Gotta, gotta, gotta catch em' all.... 

No, this post is not about Pokemon Go. Sorry to bust your bubble friends! As you may or may not be aware the beloved 90's animated series "Pokemon" is now available for your viewing pleasure on Netflix. Can I get a "Weeeeeeee!" for nostalgia!! Now, as I've mentioned in the past, my Pokemon knowledge is very limited as I was not allowed to watch the show growing up. "But wait.... the background of your blog is a Pikachu..." you may be whispering to yourself suspiciously. Yes, I know, I know... I'm a bit of a poser like that however, in my defense I did see a few episodes here and there and hey! who doesn't find that little Japanese mouse to be adorable!? Am I right or am I right? If my reasoning still isn't redeemable enough for you, you'll be happy to know I have begun my own Pokemon journey of sorts thanks to Netflix.



Long story short, what I'm trying to say here is I started watching Pokemon on Netflix because I'm a grown a$$ adult and that's what adults do. I'm only about 5 episodes in and I have been left with a lot of thoughts....

- Ash is 10 years old. A freaking 10 year old is supposed to survive on their own out in the world after being reminded by his mom several times, "don't forget to change your underwear everyday!". Dear Ash, if frequently changing your underwear is one of your biggest faults I question your ability to make good judgement on your own out in the wild.

- Pikachu is a bit of a lint licker oh and not to mention an attempted MURDERER! Pikachu is always electrocuting the crap out of people like its no big deal. You better check yourself  before you fry everyone up into crumby kettle chips, mouse! It's no surprise Pikachu seems to have a taste for everyone's boiled blood considering the amount of 'tude this tiny creature is packing. Sometimes I think to myself, "wow, Pikachu is a bit of a butthole" but then at the same time I think, "awh, he's so cute!".



- REALLY!?! Ugh, do I really need to listen to this Team Rocket mumbo-jumbo again, whyyyyyyy. I hate Team Rocket because they're annoying and always have to keep dropping in every darn episode. Jesse and James are legitimately a bunch of old bums picking fights with 10 year olds to steal their adorable pets that they keep in balls. RUDE. At the same time though, the more I think about it I feel like being on Team Rocket would be kind of awesome, aside from getting beaten by 10 year olds on the daily.



- Ash is a bit of a b*^%$. Yes, I get it he's a 10 year old (have a mentioned that he's 10, sorry apparently I'm very hung up on this) but come on kid, use some logic! You only have 3 Pokemon why do you think you can suddenly swoop in here and defeat the big guys? All that you're doing is repeatedly borderline killing your Pokemon so that you can get a stupid pin to stick on your jacket.

- Why do half these characters have identical twins in other cities despite the fact that they aren't even related?!? Officer Jenny has an identical look alike in a different town who claims to be her "sister in-law". Hold up here.... unless there is some serious incest going on here this situation makes 0 sense.

- Lastly, I get that this a is a cartoon but I can't help feeling really sad when the Pokemon battle each other. They just look like cute little creatures beating the crap out of one another and it makes me sad. Yes, I get that they aren't real, yes I get that Pokemon supposedly enjoy battling but it still makes my heart hurt. I mean if you think about it the premise behind this show is actually pretty messed up... a bunch of people go out into the world capturing wild animals to use in hyped up fights against each other all so the Pokemon trainer can claim to be "the very best".



Despite all of my lovely observations the show has proven to be pretty darn good so far. I don't care what anyone says, now is my chance to understand all of the Pokemon hype I missed out on growing up. Brb, catching them all... but not battling them because I just want to look at their cuteness ;].

Oh! Sidenote- Clefairy is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. That is all. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City