The Best Food in MKE

Let's Talk About Food! 

Behold! I have complied a list of my favorite places to chow down in Milwaukee. If you find you've got the rumblies that only food can satisfy, allow me to offer you some advice. Prepare to be a very happy omnivore.

Fushinami- All you can eat sushi. Need I say more? Honestly, after being so spoiled by Fushinami not many other sushi places cut it for me these days. I always think I should try something new but they keep pulling me back in. The prices are a bit steep but, for everything that you get it's totally worth it. Fushinami offers a wide variety of different rolls, drinks and appetizers. And when it comes to portions size Fushinami will not cut you short. To add to the excitement, they also have a full-size buffet so you can munch while you wait.

My favorite rolls include but are not limited to, the Godzilla, the Spicy Tuna Sandwich and the Outstanding Roll. Warning: Fushinami is not for the faint of heart! When you come here you better be ready to eat until you have to be rolled back home. Fushinami is a place to live life with no regrets. Go big or go home, eat all of the things!



Good City Brewing- Good City is located right next to Fushinami, quickly making that strip mall my favorite food spot in MKE. If you like beer and delicious food you'll love Good City! First things first, this place is super cute. The atmosphere is welcoming. A toasty fireplace greets you at the door as you step inside to escape the chilling Wisconsin cold. Everyone always seems to be having a good time at Good City. With so many delightful brews to help you get your buzz on who could complain? All of the beers I've tried at Good City have been truly unique. My current favorite is "Reward", a "dank hop aroma with tropical fruit and distinct pineapple character back up with a floral/tangerine hop flavor." Yes, part of me just wanted to type 'dank', but the other part of me wanted to be remind my taste buds of the exhilarating adventure that was Reward. As for food, Good City does not disappoint. I usually start off with a round of curry fries which are served with a side of mayo and ketchup. Then for the main course I've tried the "chicken" and the "brat". Both were delicious! Lastly, what would be a brewery without brewery tours? I have yet to check this out but it looks like Good City offers tours of their facility every weekend. As Good City says, "Seek the Good."

http://draftmag.com/milwaukee-breweries-brewpubs-summer-2016/


Belair Cantina- Belair is a Milwaukee staple. If you're looking for a great deal go to Belair on Tuesday or Thursday. However, be wary that if you don't decide to dine in the early hours of the night like an oldie you will most likely have to wait a while. Why all this hype you might ask? Each Tuesday and Thursday Belair runs their famous $2 taco special, and there's just something about cheap tacos that makes people go bananas. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one of those people, Belair is life. Almost every taco I've tried has been fabulous, their burritos aren't too shabby either! Don't forget to pick up your very own Belair sticker on the way out so that you too can look like a MKE local.



La Masa Empanada Bar- Believe it or not I had never had an empanada before I went to La Masa. Now I'm hooked! If you can't tell by now I'm all about that go big or go home attitude when it comes to food and La Masa know how to satisfy my ravenous hunger. That being said, if you are dining with at least one other person I recommend getting the tray of one dozen empanadas. This is the best option if you have a dining companion but hey, if you think you can handle 12 of these bad boys on your own be my guest! I salute your ambition. One of the best things about La Masa are the yummy sauces that they serve on the side, chimichurri, aji amarillo aioli and smoky blue. O-lala!

Pro-tip: Stuff yourself silly and then take a stroll along the lovely Brady St.


 Ian's Pizza- Oh Ian's how I love you so. Delicious if you're intoxicated or 100 percent sober, Ian's is a gem. Treat yo'self to a slice or two, you deserve it! Seeing how drunk-minds think, Ian's is the busiest over the weekends during the wee hours of the night. However, I will happily eat Ian's at anytime of day because it is simply delightful. Ian's is great because they offer traditional slices and slices that are just plain odd. If you've done a little searching on the internet you might have seen that Ian's is famous for their Mac N' Cheese pizza. Talk about carbs on carbs on carbs. Ah, who cares, it's a party for your mouth! Drunk Jenna's go-to order is the "Smoky and the Bandit" pizza, AKA a beautiful culinary creation of BBQ sauce, beef brisket and tots. Yes please.


Here's to Happy Stomachs! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City