Schmidt's Natural Deodorant Review

True Life: Armpits Can be Smelly.

Sometimes you buy new deodorant. These are the facts of life. 

If you're anything like me, trying new deodorants can be "fun" (in a very adultish manner) yet risky. There are so many different brands and scents wishing to be swiped beneath your pits. You want to try something new but don't want to stray from your brand that's tried and true. We all have that reliable deo. that never lets you down, faithfully keeping your pits dry and stench-free.  

Trying a new deodorant brand is a risk, I get it! Heck, I can be a sweaty-beast myself from time to time. Leaving behind your trusty antiperspirant can be tricky, that's why I did it so you don't have to! 

For the past week I have been wearing Schmidt's Natural Deodorant instead of Toms (my normal go to). I don't really have a reasoning for the switch aside from liking the smell of the new deo. and thinking "why not switch it up." First things first, the smell is pretty great! I picked a scent called Rose+Vanilla, it's a weird combo and I was intrigued! Throughout the day I can smell little whiffs of my rosey pits which is nice. What's not so nice is this brand doesn't seem to soak up moisture very well... Halfway through the day I can feel things getting a little moist in the armpit region. This is a big turnoff for me because I seem to be cursed with leaving pit stains on my shirts. 

https://twitter.com/SchmidtsNatural/status/804069921659506688

Sidenote: Back in the day I had this weird habit of applying loads of deodorant. I don't know why, it's just what I did. I would literally swipe each pit maybe 5 times. As you can imagine this would gunk up the sleeves of my shirts leaving that unpleasant residue. The result, I now had to get rid of half my wardrobe from that phase in my life because the shirts are nasty and unwearable. If you know of a trick for removing nasty deodorant stains that actually works please let me know! I've tried things I've found on the Internet but it seems my shirts are a  bit of a lost cause.... 

https://twitter.com/SchmidtsNatural/status/804069921659506688

Anyways, back to Scmidt's... So far I'm somewhat pleased with the product. It smells nice but I'm not too convinced of the "anti" part of their anti-antiperspirant claim. However, the product is all natural so perhaps I should cut them some slack. Something that is less than encouraging are all the product reviews I read before writing this post. Apparently some people who have used the product continuously are developing rashes and discoloration. 

At this point in time the verdict I've reached is very, "meh." I was more satisfied with the overall protection of Toms and will probably end up switching back. However, I would not discourage others from giving Schmidt's a try! It says right on the package that they use an award winning formula so I'm sure there are plenty of people who really love the product! It's not for everyone but it might be for you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One More, Then We'll Go- a Night at MKE's Lakefront Brewery

The American Horror Story Guide to New Orleans

What to do in Crescent City